“We’re acoustics experts who think like designers, engineers and architects.”
Duncan Templeton, chair of acoustics
BDP’s acoustic client base spans the world, from high-profile performance spaces in London, to new universities in Libya, to a major convention centre in Qatar.
Our soundscape ambisonic suite enables us to simulate sound solutions, ensuring we meet client objectives, budget, schedule and industry regulations.
Services include architectural acoustics, building services noise control, noise and vibration monitoring and assessment, acoustic modelling, environmental impact studies and recording/broadcast studio consultancy.
Our work spans all sectors:
- education — helping schools and universities comply with BB93 building regulations
- residential — including critical planning stage assessment and acoustic tests to measure floor and wall performance
- retail and health — helping create a flagship urban neighbourhood in Belfast
- leisure — encompassing cinemas, theatres, performance and media spaces
- urbanism — powerful CADNA modelling capability, and analysing impact of transport infrastructure on masterplanning
The publication 'Acoustics by BDP' can be downloaded here.
For more information, please contact Duncan Templeton, chair of acoustics.